IN Accountancy have been fundraising for their chosen charity, Francis House Children’s Hospice for many years and now they are promoting their new way to do so
Supporting a charity is good for business, your employees and the local community. This is something we have always believed in at IN Accountancy.
We get asked more and more during interviews with prospective team members and clients alike what our CSR policy is and which charities we support. It’s becoming a small part of the decision process for people choosing their next supplier or career step.
So what are they benefits of supporting a charity for your business?
Firstly it’s really tax efficient and effective.
- If making your donation personally, always remember to tick the Gift Aid box, so your charity gets an additional 25p for every £1 you donate
- If you are a higher rate tax payer you can claim another 25p tax relief on every £1 donation you make personally
- If making your donation on behalf of your business, remember that it will be considered an allowable expense for Corporation Tax purposes
But, there are many other benefits to your business to be gained by supporting your favourite charity.
- It demonstrates your core values and is representative of the culture of your business
- It is great for team building and gives a purpose and social focus. Working together on initiatives and even away days helping local charities can be incredibly rewarding
- It strengthens relationships with the local community
- It builds employee retention. Of course businesses need to focus on business but by introducing such initiatives adds additional benefits and reasons to stick around
- It can differentiate you from your competitors and give us something new to talk about
- You are sure to meet other like-minded when networking as many businesses support charities and this often results in making a connection
At IN Accountancy we have been supporting Francis House Children’s Hospice for a number of years. One of our most effective ways of fundraising is making donations on our clients behalf when they refer someone to us and they engage in our services.
In order for us to raise even more money we are going to be extending this offer.
Our summer promotion is open to all new clients and referrals from any source. If you are looking for a new accountant for either your limited company accounts or contractor services we would love to book you in for a no obligation, free of charge meeting with our Managing Director, Sarah. This will give you the opportunity to discuss the services you require and see how easy it is to become an IN Accountancy client.
If after this meeting you decide to engage in our services we will make a £25 donation on your behalf to Francis House Children’s Hospice.
Please contact us on 0161 456 9666, alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on gift aid, have a read of a post we put together or even give our video a watch.