Yesterday was a day which many of us have been looking forward to for a very long time:
April 12th 2021… the day ‘non essential’ retail, gyms, leisure and outdoor hospitality venues are once again allowed to reopen, after what seems to have been a very, very long winter.
We understand that many of you in hospitality, the arts, travel and tourism still have at least another five weeks to wait until you can once again reopen your doors, hopefully for good from May 17th.
So for now, let’s just take a moment to celebrate this first small step towards a little more freedom and reopening of the economy.
We have a large number of clients, as well as friends, suppliers and other wonderful local businesses, who will be taking this step today, and we would like to wish every single on of you every success.
I can’t mention you all here, nor can I link to every website or social media page, but I’d like to take a moment to mention a few… If your name isn’t on here and you’d like a mention and a link, then please do drop me a line with your business details or leave a comment and I will update the details.
Big shout out to our wonderful clients, both in the hospitality sector and serving the hospitality sector who have been hard hit over the last year plus:
- The Funky Monkey Coffee Co, who you can find on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/funkymonkeycoffeeco/ and believe me when I tell you, they really do do the best coffee and cakes with simply wonderful service!
- https://www.greatmoorclub.co.uk and http://www.bombaytomumbai.co.uk unfortunately do not have outdoor space and so are planning to reopen their doors to guests from May 17th. The latter being our very favourite Indian Takeaway!!
- https://coldchoicefoods.co.uk and https://www.linda-lewis.co.uk may not be considered hospitality venues themselves, but as they serve this sector with food produce and pizza ovens respectively they too have been hard hit by this pandemic.
- https://www.facebook.com/DempseysSheffield/ Dempseys in Sheffield, being an indoor only bar and nightclub will be reopening in May.
- http://www.norburyfarm.co.uk/gift-shop/ Norbury Farm’s gift shop and cafe provide the perfect countryside experience in the heart of Hazel Grove… and a beautiful outside setting for those long summer lunches
- Not being officially open yet, Bistro Marc will soon become a strong port of call for many intrigued Stockport foodies. Website Link coming soon!
- One of my personal favourite independent retailers, https://bluetreehome.co.uk Blue Tree Interiors in Poynton will be opening their doors to the public today – if you haven’t had a look, please do, you won’t be disappointed (although your bank balance is bound to be a little lighter!)
- Tuula http://www.tuula.co.uk ladies fashion in Alderley Edge is somewhere you are bound to find a special little item for your next big night out, regardless of the need to wrap up warm!
- Cheshire Flowers finally open their doors to visitors again! They specialise in the provision of wedding and funeral flowers, yet, they also never fail to provide beautiful, bespoke floral gifts for any occasion. Our current favourite is the ‘A Spring Joy’ https://www.cheshireflowers.co.uk/
- Lazy Daisies are a Stockport picture framing gallery who assure the highest standards of customer service and framing. There are a wide range of framing options available – check them out and make your memories more memorable! https://www.lazydaisies.co.uk/
- Personal trainer, Mandy Wong of FlexFit PT https://www.facebook.com/FlexFitPT/ has not been quiet during lockdown – while unable to train clients in the gym, she has taken to zoom training magnificently and, wait for it, published not one, but two (and possibly more) recipe books! If you would like to get fit this year, she is well worth a visit!
- 10 artists, 30 minutes, ONE winner. Watch art evolve in front of your very eyes – YOU decide the winner of each 30 minute art-off. Are you a fan of organic art? Watch an art battle! http://artbattle.co.uk/
- Beverly Slater’s school of motoring, which doesn’t necessarily reside in the leisure sector, teaches aspiring drivers in a relaxed, friendly and enjoyable manner. There’s really no need for stress during this exciting new chapter of your life! https://beverlyslater.com/
Hair and Beauty
And if you simply can’t wait for a little bit of personal grooming, we have a number of clients who are excited to be reopening and welcoming their own clients through their doors today. Shout outs for now to:
- Joanne from Head Office Hair in Hazel Grove, and Hayley from Xenos Havon in Stockport are so pleased to once again be welcoming clients to their hair salons… although possibly not as much as clients are happy to be back!!
- While the gents can pop over to Hardiman’s Barbers on Dorchester Parade in Hazel Grove https://www.facebook.com/jakebarber1995/ or Tom Wilson’s barber shop, also in Hazel Grove
- K&K Beauty for an always friendly and welcoming Nail Salon https://www.facebook.com/K-K-Beauty-554372751301920/
- Amy Sargeant Beauty clinic offers a wide range of trusted treatments, from acrylic nails and leg waxes to 3D lipo. You’ll certainly be feeling revitalised after a visit to Amy Sargeant! https://www.facebook.com/AmySargeantUK/
- Scissorhands – a Stockport hair salon with experienced, knowledgeable staff to cater for your every need. The wonderful people at Scissorhands certainly know how to put a smile on their customers faces! https://www.facebook.com/scissorhandsnailsandhair/
- Having won various show awards, you’re guaranteed quality service and passionate artists at Skin Creations https://www.facebook.com/skincreations/
- For Beauty and Botox the lovely Tina Wilding of Pura Aesthetics in Chreadle Hulme https://www.facebook.com/puramedicalaesthetics/, Natalia Edwards of Me, Myself and Beauty in West Yorkshire, permanent make up artist Tracy Bradbury of Enhance of Cheshire and Professional Hair and Make Up Artist Sarah Meredith are experienced, qualified and will look after you wonderfully, making sure you look and feel fantastic!
- And last but not least (for now) if you’re feeling in need of a little bit of a holiday, but aren’t able to book just yet, you can top up your tan and at least experience a bit of a holiday glow at Sunseekers Tanning Studio in Hazel Grove https://www.sunseekersstudio.co.uk/
And it’s not just us humans in desperate need of some pampering – if your pooch is in need of a trim or a manicure, then we are excited to announce that there is a brand new Dog Groomers coming soon to the precinct in Bramhall – keep an eye on their Facebook page for more details to follow: https://www.facebook.com/Bramhall.Dog.Groomers
Enjoy being back everyone, roll on May 17th and fingers crossed for 21st June and a permanent end to 18 months of lockdowns!