News and Views


Taxpayers who have failed to submit tax returns, previously requested by HMRC, have been offered the opportunity to catch up and settle their arrears.

Under the terms of “My tax return catch up”, taxpayers, who have not yet submitted a self-assessment tax return that has been sent to them or requested by HMRC for any year up to 2011/12, are able to do so and mitigate any late filing penalties.

To take advantage of this amnesty you have until 15 October 2013 to complete the following three steps:
1. Tell HMRC you wish to take part
2. Complete the outstanding returns, either online or by paper.
3. Pay the resulting tax and National Insurance

Any returns that remain outstanding after this amnesty may incur penalties of up to 100% of the unpaid tax. In addition HMRC may take legal action for late submission.

If you require any further information on this or assistance with your tax returns in general please contact Christine Wallwork ( on 0161 975 6685.

Related articles

Accountants for Amazon Sellers
Limited Companies

Amazon Sellers – top tips to ensure your long term success

Have you ever considered selling on Amazon or eBay, setting up an eCommerce business, or a little side hustle?

If this sounds like you, it seems you are not alone.

More and more people these days are selling online to boost their income, sometimes just for a bit of fun and with no higher plans, and other times in the hopes of turning this so called side hustle into their dream job and their very first foray into entrepreneurship…

We have been receiving lots of enquiries recently about accounts and tax for Amazon sellers, so I’ve recorded a little video outlining our top tips if you are thinking about giving it a go yourself…

Read More »

Find out how we can help?

Lectus scelerisque a donec tincidunt litora per eleifend eget ut sagittis conubia pharetra scelerisque dui ultricies duis parturient auctor adipiscing.


Let’s start a conversation 

    Subscribe me for updates and news from In Accountancy