How to change accountants – it’s easier than you think!
The reason most often given to us as to why individuals and businesses stay with unsatisfactory accountants for longer than there is any need for them to do so, is simply fear:
- Fear of the potential complexity of changing accountants
- Fear of any associated costs
- Fear of the unknown (otherwise known as ‘better the devil you know’ complex)
- Fear of confronting, telling or letting someone down. You may have worked with them for quite some time, and they perhaps don’t realise that you are dissatisfied
- Fear of opening up your, or your business’ financial world to scrutiny from someone new
The process however, is actually incredibly simple and cost free. As the client making the decision to change accountants it is courtesy to inform in writing the outgoing accountants of your decision. (please see link at the foot of this article to your downloadable sample letter)
This is a process that is usually all completed within a couple of weeks. It is a long established and agreed procedure between accountancy firms and their governing bodies.