You should view your Personal Tax account, according to Stockport accountants, IN Accountancy, since HMRC are now advising employers that staff will benefit from doing this and it could cut down the number of enquiries made by their payroll or HR departments.
Sarah Harkness, IN Accountancy’s MD, said: “It’s a good thing to promote to your employees as it will result in businesses spending less time dealing with payroll enquiries.”
How to use your Personal Tax Account
By doing this employees can advise HMRC online about changes that may affect the tax they pay. The services available through the Personal Tax Account include:
- checking income tax estimates and tax codes
- advising HMRC about changes affecting company cars
- using the online forms available to claim tax deductible work expenses or a tax refund
- checking the expected level of their state pension
- renewing tax credits
- advising HMRC of a change of address.
How to register
In another recent development the system for registering for this service has been revised and it is now possible to register using your National Insurance Number and P60 information. To register visit https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account
Internet link: Employer Bulletin