The Prime Minister has announced a package of measures to help flood affected businesses get back on their feet. The package of measures includes:
- A Government Business Support Helpline providing comprehensive advice and support to businesses affected by floods. The helpline number is 0300 456 3565.
- A new Business Support Scheme to provide hardship funding for SME businesses in areas affected by the floods. Both businesses that have been flooded, and businesses that are in affected areas and have suffered significant loss of trade, will be able to apply for support. Eligible businesses will be able to claim for funding for things like immediate clean-up costs, materials, and exceptional costs to help them continue trading.
- Extra time for businesses to file accounts without any penalties.
- All affected businesses will be able to apply to their local authority to get business rate relief for 3 months.
- HMRC will also set up a new hotline for those who have been affected by flooding and may have difficulties in meeting their tax liabilities. HMRC will look to offer up to 3 months additional time to pay. This will cover all taxes owed to HMRC, including VAT, PAYE and corporation tax. The helpline number is 0800 904 7900.
Help is also available for communities affected. To read more about the help on offer visit the links below.